Saturday, September 16, 2006

ACE 1/72 Raupenschlepper OST RSO (type 01)

Here are a couple of in progress photos of the Ace Raupenschlepper OST RSO (type 01). As you can see next to an AUS $1 coin it isn't a huge model. The detail is (from reading reviews) pretty much what you would expect from Eastern Europe, that is, kind of soft. The running gear was a real hassle to get aligned and the drive sprockets didn't mate with the PE tracks (I'll hide that sin under layers of mud when I base the model)

I found the PE track interesting to work with up to the point where I had to bend it around the running gear. After bagging the DS tracks on the Dragon T34-85 I'd have loved to have some with this model.

2 comments:

Cthu1hu said...

Noice. Is the colouration on the tracks and chassis supposed to be rust or mud? If it's rust, it is *VERY* rusty.

bimberi said...

Mud. Will look more mudlike when finished.